Am Mittwoch, den 22.04.2020, 12:56 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha via
evolution-list:
> On Wed, 2020-04-22 at 10:34 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:
> > But as MAIL FROM adress the expected sender is used (which is
> > different from 'SEnding with server', Thus authentication failed:
> >
> >         [SMTP] sending: MAIL FROM:<myn...@vivaldi.net>
> >         [SMTP] received: 553 Incorrect authentication data.
> >         [SMTP] sending: QUIT
> >
> > As a result only forwarding messages by filter rule which origins
> > from the freenet account are successful.
>
>       Hi,
> your version is very old (two years means a lot even for Evolution).

I decided to stay on the distribution's version, because building from
source failed and the flatpak took too much space.

> It's possible it had been fixed meanwhile, though I cannot find the
> exact commit by a naive search in the NEWS files. I recall a similar
> bug, but I do not know when, or whether at all, it had been fixed.
> Testing on the current stable (it's 3.36.1 at the moment), might be a
> good idea.
I did not find it by search, but it was in January 2020 (my mail
archive told me).

> Nonetheless, I suppose the freenet account is the default account (as
> can be seen in Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts), while the vivaldi
> account is not.

There is no indicator, which account is the default account (or I do
not find it).

> Is the forwarded message received in a folder, which is
> dedicated to the vivaldi account (being it IMAP, then in its IMAP
> folder, possibly Inbox)

yes, in the inbox of the IMAP vivaldi account

> , or it's in a folder of another account (or On
> This Computer)? These things play a role in the way of the send
> account
> guess. If I'm not mistaken, you might get preselected the same From
> account when replying "manually" to the message from the same folder
> (aka the one before filtering it).
Even I do some filter actions to sort incoming messages in the vivaldi
inbox folder, it's never active for incoming freenet emails.

I hope that helps to understand/identify the issue.