On Tue, 2020-05-12 at 16:06 +0200, Ludo Beckers wrote:
> Sorry, I'll try to remember not to top-post on this list.
> I guess deleting all previous text, like I did now, is ok then?

Not really. The usual convention is to quote the part you are
commenting on, as I'm doing now. In Evolution this is the default
behaviour. To quote selectively, simply mark the relevant text before
replying.

Doing this in the Gmail interface is more difficult because Google have
followed the broken Microsoft Outlook style of reply. At one time there
was a Google Labs extension to fix this, but it hasn't existed for a
couple of years now so you have to do it by hand. That's why I use
Evolution for mailing lists. Gmail doesn't really support lists in the
traditional sense, e.g. there is no concept of "Reply To List", just
"Reply To All", which is not the same thing.

poc