> a) open the mail account Properties->Receiving Options tab and
uncheck the option "Check new messages for Junk content"

That was already unchecked

> b) go to Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Junk tab and disable
junk options there.

Here I unchecked "Check incoming messages for junk" and also "Check custom
headers for junk"

As I said in the previous mail, I'm now thinking the problem is more likely
to be inside Gmail?

I did do:
   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution
and quickly browsed the outcome - looks like the only mention of "Junk" is
as: (NonJunk)  (NonJunk \Seen)  (NonJunk \Flagged)

greetings,

Ludo