Hi all,

I have some Excel sheets that I want to save as a UTF8 file in .txt
and .csv formats, using a VBA macro.  I've found the following code:

<code starts>

'Function saves cText in file, and returns 1 if successful, 0 if not
Public Function writeOut(cText As String, file As String) As Integer
On Error GoTo errHandler
Dim fsT, tFilePath As String

tFilePath = file + ".txt"

'Create Stream object
Set fsT = CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")

'Specify stream type – we want To save text/string data.
fsT.Type = 2

'Specify charset For the source text data.
fsT.Charset = "utf-8"

'Open the stream And write binary data To the object
fsT.Open
fsT.writetext cText

'Save binary data To disk
fsT.SaveToFile tFilePath, 2

GoTo finish

errHandler:
MsgBox (Err.Description)
writeOut = 0
Exit Function

finish:
writeOut = 1
End Function

<code ends>

..and that saves a single line of text as UTF8 format very well to
a .txt format file.  However, I want to save an entire sheet.

So firstly, can it be done using this method?  And secondly, would
there be any problems using this to save it as a .csv file?
Ultimately, I won't be launching this as a function but as a macro.

Thank you very much in advance,

MB