From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Kurt Buff
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 11:18 AM
To: exchange@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [Exchange] PDF Spam

No external spam filter? With quarantine?

Kurt

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Rimmel, Carl <crimm...@hfhs.org> wrote:
> We have been seeing an uptick in SPAM containing PDF attachments.  The
> PDFs are composed of a full-page image that, when moused-over, points
> to a malicious web site.  We have tried to use Transport Rules to
> block these based on the moused-over URL but Exchange seems unable to
> properly detect these embedded URLs.  We are able to use Transport
> Rules to block PDFs with plain text so we know that the server is inspecting
> them properly.
>

> Any ideas on how to battle these pesky messages?

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that
may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected
from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on
the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email
in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the email
from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using
e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy & Security page on
www.henryford.com for more detailed information as well as information
concerning MyChart, our new patient portal. If you do not believe that our
policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need, do not send
e-mail or Internet communications to us.