Wow… so how do you manage your known sender list?

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Micheal Espinola Jr
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 12:40 PM
To: exchange@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [Exchange] PDF Spam

I typically do not allow any attachments from unknown senders, and/or I use a
greylisting mechanism to counter it.

--
Espi

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Rimmel, Carl
<crimm...@hfhs.org<mailto:crimm...@hfhs.org>> wrote:
We have been seeing an uptick in SPAM containing PDF attachments.  The PDFs are
composed of a full-page image that, when moused-over, points to a malicious web
site.  We have tried to use Transport Rules to block these based on the
moused-over URL but Exchange seems unable to properly detect these embedded
URLs.  We are able to use Transport Rules to block PDFs with plain text so we
know that the server is inspecting them properly.

Any ideas on how to battle these pesky messages?

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that
may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected
from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on
the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email
in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the email
from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using
e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy & Security page on
www.henryford.com<http://www.henryford.com> for more detailed information as
well as information concerning MyChart, our new patient portal. If you do not
believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need,
do not send e-mail or Internet communications to us.