Starting point:
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/security/sslin/contents.htm

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua M. Folcik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 12:49 PM
Subject: Netscape and IMAP

This has been a bit of a problem for me (environment where not everybody
is running a windows operating system <3%), how do I connect netscape to
the imap virtual server without using basic authentication?  So far the
only client that works with the virtual server I have setup is outlook
and outlook express because they support integrated windows
authentication.  Has anyone found a solution to this?  If SSL is
required, does the cleartext password go through ssl, or does ssl when
used only run after the user has been authenticated, because if all I
need to do is use basic authentication with SSL if that actually is safe
then I'm fine with that.

Thanks

Josh Folcik