What do you mean by accessing schedules?  Do you mean free/busy info or do
you mean opening somebody's calendar that resides in their mailbox?

-----Original Message-----
From: Parker Race [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 8:07 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Removing the first server in a site

I'm preparing to remove the first server in our Exchange site. I've read and
done most everything indicated in Q152959 except for actually deleting the
old server.

I shut down the server this weekend but didn't remove it from the site. I
was able to open various schedules and it was able to access others
free/busy time with the server down.

However this morning we started getting calls from users who couldn't open
schedules they normally open with Outlook. It wasn't universal though many
users had no problems accessing schedules. There were many cases where some
users could open a calendar that others couldn't

After failing to find a way to fix this, I brought the old server online and
all the access problems went away.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?