How can the Address Book default columns be changed so users cannot view the
alias?

The full story:)
In Outlook 98 Address Book, the 'alias field' is visible to users (if they
maximise window or scroll right).

Our NT Username = user's unique staff number = mailbox alias.
Seemed a good idea, allows direct mail to staff number....without an extra
process.
Very useful.......but some users have complained to HR director at this
personal info being easily available to all other staff.

We're Exch 5.5 SP4, clients using mostly Outlook 98.

You can:
add/remove columns displayed in ExchAdmin View of recipients (via
View/Columns).
or
change fields/layout of the Mailbox Properties Window displayed in Address
Book. (via ExchAdmin Config/Addressing Templates/Details -Mailbox)
or
Use 'Address Book Views' in ExchAdmin, but these seem to control 'sets of
users displayed' (eg filtered so Group A cannot see Group B's details) and
not which fields display.

Removing/hiding an Address Book View field seems a simple requirement to my
Director but we can't find how to do it.  I've searched
Help/TechNet/Web/Exchange Discussions Archive.
Have I missed something obvious.....

Thanks

Fiona

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If
you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any
distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is
strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE
plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.