From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 02 October 2001 13:54
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Exchange-aware virus scanners

VAPI scanners, but not MAPI scanners, will interfere with the OST
synchronization.  But MAPI AV has some notable downsides.  Or you can scan
it before it hits the mailbox.

Check out both Q269439 and Q264731 concerning tasks failing with a VAPI
scanner.  The two articles seem to point towards changing the values in 2
dif't directions (changing OpenRetryDelay to 250 or 5000 where the default
is 500).  Also check out Q263949 to give you a more thorough overview of
VAPI and attachments.

Stephen