Dude, if you are so swamped with 50 systems, of which you are only
responsible for 6, and you can't find an hour to test a patch before
rolling it into production, you might want to look for a new gig. Have
you considered a career with WalMart. I hear they're hiring greeters. I
think that might be the low stress job you've been looking for.

Your own actions caused your problem. I don't care how swamped you are.
You don't deploy ANYTHING in a production environment without reading
all of the release notes and testing it. Further, when a patch has been
out as long as this one has, you have no excuse at all for being stuck
with a gotcha.

Next thing you're going to tell us is the documentation for your servers
consists of a printout of some brain dumps from an ExamCram site, right?
Remember, you didn't have an hour to test with, so where on earth are
you going to find time to document your network.

BTW, you are whining. You can call it whatever you like, but it is still
whining.

If you don't like working with Microsoft products, you have a very easy
choice to make. Update your resume with your high quality experience,
and go send it to all the shops still running Pine. I'm sure you'll fit
in just fine there.

Tom.

PS.- As far as you lack of a support contract or help, might I suggest a
credit card and a call to PSS when you are stumped. That is until the
Pine gig or WalMart comes through for you.