From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: OT - Latin Lesson

While we're picking nits.

vir = "man"  viri = "men" or "venoms", the latter being so rare a usage
as to never have appeared outside of academic circles, long after Latin
had become a solely academic language.

Ob Exchange Topic:  I suggest hereafter we pedants demand "alii" rather
than "aliases", if we're going to be so snooty as to insist on not using
"viruses" when speaking English.  At least that is well-known,
well-documented Latin, as seen in Cicero, Ovid, et alii.  :)