Doesn't seem to be a virus.  I installed Norton AntiVirus Corporate
Edition on the IIS SMTP box and d/l the latest virus defs.  Ran a scan of
the HD and only turned up 2 copies of the W32.MAGISTR.24876@MM virus on 2
messages in the /BADMAIL subdirectory so it doesn't seem to be NIMBA.

Also, I *thought* I had the MS01-044 cumulative patch installed but turns
out I didn't so I install that and rebooted.

After the reboot, everything is the SAME.  Still have loads of emails
filling my /queue directory and am stumped.

Any other clues?  Again, only thing I can think of is that I have the
"Allow Relay" checkbox enabled on the remote domain (whitnall.com) and the
outbound security button is set for No Authentication.  This is how it's
always been.

Thanks for additional help!