FYI - The solution was found in KB Q284848.

My organization name is xyz.com for legacy reasons, and right after the
install I updated the recipient policy to abc.com. The directory
structure of web storage started with \xyz.com and expected to see a
@xyz smtp address. Simply added @xyz.com back into the Recipient policy
as a secondary address and it works.

Thanks,

Josh McAllister