From: Pfefferkorn, Pete (PFEFFEPE) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 10:20 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: OWA Crashing...know cause!!!

Exchange 5.5 SP4

I finally figured out what is causing our IIS to stop on our OWA servers.  I
had a user that received a message that was infected with the
"WORM_BADTRANS.B" virus (attachment "HAMSTER.DOC.pif").  ScanMail caught the
virus and deleted the attachment.

Now if the user gets into OWA and tries to open the message...it kills IIS
everytime.  I put the message in my mailbox and I also duplicated the
problem.

Back to Microsoft for a fix!!!

Pete Pfefferkorn
Senior Systems Engineer/Mail Administrator
University of Cincinnati
51 Goodman Street
Cincinnati, OH  45221
Phone - (513) 556-9076