Our exchange 2000 (sp1) IS is stopping every 5 minutes or so.  If I
manually restart it the SMTP queue doubles every message in the queue.
I am seeing Event ID 7031 after the store stops each time.  Nothing has
been changed on the server and nothing in Technet matches the error
below (a few are close, but not exact).

Any ideas?

Event ID: 7031
Source: Service Control Manager
Type: Error
Description
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated
unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective
action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.