It's a distribution housing other distribution lists in the users Contacts
folder.  I thought only the dl's you created in Exchange Admin would have
an
email address.  I sent a test message to the same list.  I got one
undeliverable for several users' names, but everybody else in the list
appeared to have received the message.  I had Delivery receipts and Read
receipts enabled.