true .. and I've been trying desperate to buy the advertisement space off ..
but they don't allow you to.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 8:02 PM
Subject: RE: [SPONSOR] FREE Guide to the strongest available encryption

Since someone figured out that they could earn some money for providing
a valuable service.

Look at it this way, they aren't selling their subscriber list, and they
are giving us something to filter on if we don't want to see the
advertisements.

You might compare their technique with Yahoo's. Every mail has sponsor
stuff in it.

I'm not going to complain. Internet.com has bills to pay too. If they
don't make payroll, the list goes away.

If they start selling the list, then I think we'll have a legit gripe.

Just my $.02

Tom.