That would depend on the size and complexity of your environment, what types
of attachments that you need to allow into your company and how sensitive
your company is to downtime due to a virus outbreak. Many of the anti virus
vendors now have Consoles that can manage your deployments across multiple
platforms and can provide those wonderful Dilbert reports. I wouldn't think
your environment at 1300 users would require a full time position, but it
would require someone that dedicated some number of hours per day/week
towards antivirus.