Sounds good. Not too familiar w/ it!  Let me do some reading. Anything worth
reading that you know about>

-John Q

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Blackstone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 11:14 AM
Subject: RE: POP3

How about use IMAP and SSL?

-----Original Message-----
From: John Q [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 10:14 AM
To: Exchange Discussions

I think Chris answered my question, but to answer your reply, I have a few
users who need POP3 access but they log into the server w/ the mailboxes on
it.  I would like to close this port from the outside if possible. I was
going to put another EX5.5 in the site and have users connect to that w/ OWA
and POP3. But that is still a security risk.

-John Q

P.S. The only reason I ask is that this customer stated that "his friend"
has 2 EX5.5 boxes and one is for mail relay and the other stores the mail
and he has users access POP3 from the other server, & I was trying to
provide a better solution