mmmmmm....
trivial loops ....

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 2:47 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Was: Question from a troll to a Yoda - Now: RFC Question

Since we are on this subject again, maybe someone can answer this for me
since I got nary a response last time:

6.2 Loop Detection

   Simple counting of the number of "Received:" headers in a message has
   proven to be an effective, although rarely optimal, method of
   detecting loops in mail systems.  SMTP servers using this technique
   SHOULD use a large rejection threshold, normally at least 100
   Received entries.  Whatever mechanisms are used, servers MUST contain
   provisions for detecting and stopping trivial loops.

What mechanism does Exchange use to detect and stop loops?
What constitutes a "trivial loop"?
Are these stupid questions?

Andy