Just one final note on all of this.  I do appreciate the honest attempts to
assist me and offer opinions and appreciate the very helpful off-list
However, the problem I had with a few of the posts were that they were not
helpful, humorously sarcastic, or even correct.  I, along with many others
I'm sure who have posted items and have been told to read before asking,
have read both the 5.5 and 2000 disaster recovery white papers.  However,
nowhere in either of those papers was the answer to my original question.
If I did miss it then please feel free to quote it and send it to me.  The
part that irks me is the "I'm God of all things computer and everyone always
listens to everything I say, therefore all MY systems are configured
perfectly" attitude that many seem to have.  Not everyone has the same setup
as you all might and therefore a canned response is not necessarily the
correct one.  Anyone who can sit here and tell me that they've never had a
boss or client who did not have and did not want to buy all of the equipment
you recommend (or insist upon) is simply lying to themselves or us as a
group.  It's not the real world.  In the real world you make your best
arguments, state your reasons, and either live with the consequences or
quit.  Being that I have obligations and a family I choose to work with the
equipment and restrictions that I'm given.  I would venture to say there are
probably more Exchange configurations out there that would get blasted on
this list then there are "correct" ones due to lack of money, ego, etc...
but most still work OK.

That being said, Roger's first scenario below is the correct one for me.  I
was told that my server, like all the others in my firm, will have a single
array controller and a RAID 5 array.  Please spare me the lectures on how
bad this is as it's a fight I've been trying to win for almost two years but
my boss doesn't budge and doesn't believe the MS or Compaq (we use their
servers) numbers that I've shown to back up my arguments.  Like I said, you
live with it or move on.  This is why I'm looking to do what I am with the
backups and why I'm somewhat paranoid about my databases and logs going
bye-bye...

Lastly, to anyone else who wanted the answer to the original question, you
simply format all of your tapes with the same label within NTBackup and you
can do whatever you want.