Good morning to you all:

        I am currently working on a problem that has me pulling out what
little hair I have left.

The situation is this:

        An Exchange server was moved from one physical location to another,
a different network address, different DNS server, but everything else is
pretty much the same. The only changes on the Exchange side were SMTP
addresses of the users (adding GEAC.COM to their address lists) and the
domain of the server itself (from paris.geac.com to FR.GEAC.COM).

        DNS information was changed to reflect the update, there is no HOSTS
or LMHOSTS file. When I do a lookup on the default DNS server (as listed
with the "ipconfig /all") all the information is correct.

        I can ping the name of the server from other sites and get the
correct IP address. HOWEVER, when I ping the server name FROM THE CONSOLE OF
THE SERVER, the previous IP address gets returned.

        The server has been booted several times and I am at a loss to
explain this.

Can anyone provide any help?

John Matteson; Exchange Manager
Geac Corporate Infrastructure Systems and Standards
(404) 239 - 2981

He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run
and climb and dance; One cannot fly into flying. -- Friedrich Nietzsche