1) Who is the WINS server? If it has the name stuck in its cache I suppose
that could be a problem...

2) Can you sniff the port for traffic relating to the name resolution? You
might be able to tell whether to look at DNS, WINS, or a local setting for
the information.

--
be - MOS

The shortest distance between two points is under construction.
                -- Noelie Alito