      Subject:  RE: Durr Industries
      Sent:     3/10/02 1:11 PM

      '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' on 3/12/02 1:01 PM
            The recipient name is not recognized
        The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=namfg;l=SEQUOYAH-020310181103Z-71
            MSEXCH:IMS:namfg:cleveland:SEQUOYAH 3499 (000B09AA) network
error during host resolution

      [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 3/12/02 1:01 PM
            The recipient name is not recognized
        The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=namfg;l=SEQUOYAH-020310181103Z-71
            MSEXCH:IMS:namfg:cleveland:SEQUOYAH 3499 (000B09AA) network
error during host resolution

-End Quoted Error Message-

I'm getting this error when trying to send to de.durr-usa.com, and have in
the past had this error on a few other addresses, but the message has always
eventually gone through in the past.  This time though, I can't get anything
to go through to de.durr-usa.com.  Supposedly, we have been able to send to
these recipients in the past, but it's only been in the past two months that
there have been any problems that the end user has complained about...  No
changes have been made to our Exchange Server or DNS servers for at least
the past 4-6 months.

I am able to look up de.durr-usa.com using the same DNS server that the
exchange server is using, so it's not that the DNS server can't resolve the
host name...  I looked up durr-usa.com's DNS records and there is no MX
record for the sub domain 'de' but there is an A record, so theoretically
the Exchange SMTP service should use the A record in place of the MX record,
correct?

I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Pochedley