I get the ones about holding my...
Never mind.

I used to get them for a while and found that some emails were not getting
to us in a timely manner and then I would get the nasty gram. Look into your
inbound mail and check connections. Do some testing to see if you can
connect via SMTP regularly. I ran Servers Alive against it for a week and
went hunting when the failure rate was around 90%. Found the problem was
McAfee (go figure).