Thanks for you reply! Yes, I have looked at the
example that are included with the tool. I am new to
RBDL and having hard time coming up with the second
portion of the string. Here is the situation: We have
DL for each server that holds everyone on that server.
Most of the "Special Mailboxs" are on a Recipients
Container called "Special Mailboxes". I can add
everyone on each server to the DL fine by adding to
the "administrative note" in (exchange admin):
(RBDL=LDAP://ServerName/o=Acme/ou=Northamerica/cn=Recipients>;
(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(st=CA));
cn,adspath; subtree

Note: Not all "Special Mailboxs" perfix letter are the
same and they are not created on the same server. I'm
thinking of doing an export and import of the "Special
Mailboxs" to modify their attirbute to a common name
so that the query string will reject the common name
in the "Special Mailboxs" attribute, preventing from
adding to each server's DL. Do you know what the query
would be for rejecting attribute? or Is there a better
way to do this? Hope this was not too confusing.
Thanks!

--- Chris Scharff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Yes, I've used it quite successfully in the past...
> Didn't I answer this
> question for you already? RBDL creates DLs based on
> LDAP queries if you
> build the query in such a manner that it excludes
> your special mailboxes
> they'll be excluded. Have you looked at the examples
> that are included with
> the tool? How do you know your special mailboxes are
> special?
>
> e.g. Oh magic RBDL 8 ball build me a list which
> includes all users whose
> first name isn't Bob.

RBDL=<LDAP://ServerName/o=Acme/ou=Northamerica/cn=Recipients>;

(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)((givenName!Bob)));cn,adspath;onelevel