Current setup:
        - Exchange 2000 sp2 on mailbox servers and a single 5.5 sp4 IMC
server
        - Currently using NTBackup for backups and Antigen 6.5 for
virus/content filtering

I was just informed that, due to a lawsuit, I must restore an old 5.5 server
that no longer exists and restore the entire database (not brick-level) for
a period of about different 8 months.  I have the databases on a month-end
tape from each of those months and those tapes were made use ArcServe.  I
also have long since reused that server.  Once the database is restored on
the new server, I must then go through every email from every user and
search for text in either the subject AND the body.  After this is done for
one month I'm to blow everything away and start all over again with the next
month's tape.

My question is how in the hell am I going to accomplish this?  Building the
server and recreating the Exchange environment is easy enough but I'm
confused on the restore and the searching parts.  If I have to buy something
like Trend for the searching I guess it could be done and charged to the
client but I prefer not to.  As for the backups, since I cannot bring this
server onto our network and the backup server that has ArcServe is obviously
on the network, how do I do this?  My best guess is to use a cross-connect
cable and bring the backup server offline during the restore time.  Any
other suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

David Michel
Ruden McClosky Smith Schuster & Russell, P.A.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message
contains confidential information that may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard
copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return
e-mail or by telephone at 954-764-6660 and delete this message. Please note
that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a
prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any
attachments may not have been produced by Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster,
& Russell, P.A.