Thank you all for the replies. I ended up Calling tech support since I DID
restore, and my IS wouldn't start (before I got these emails from y'all). I
used my online Veritas backup. Stopped all services, Renamed dir.edb, ran
the restore of the Exchange directory using Veritas, tried to start IS...no
good. Renamed the restored dir.edb, renamed the original back to
dir.edb..still no IS. Called Tech support, and for some reason the service
account didn't have rights. I gave it proper rights again, and it worked.
Folks were complaining after this of mail sitting in the out box...rebooted
the server, and it fixed that. MS Gave me Q155414 as the procedure for
restoring DL's.
 I should have been renaming the DSADATA folder and not the dir.edb as
stated below by Raj.
Thanks again,
Ron