My company prefers to backup individual mailboxes (brick level backups)
and we're using the latest version of Backup Exec.  It seems to put a load
on the server though and occassionally gives us problems.  We aren't even
able to get a full backup every night of the whole server but just the
.EDB files due to the mailboxes being so large.  You see, we don't enforce
limits on mailboxes however, I've tried to convince management otherwise.

What's the best practice for backing up an Exchange 5.5 system?  What's
the best backup software?  Also we have to occassionally restore mailboxes
on the server and will get "Access denied to directory" errors and a
reboot is the only way to fix that.  I'm told this is due to no physical
memory available because the store eats it all up but from the research
I've done, this isn't what that error is from.  Any help, advice, or
suggestions would be great.

Karon Miller
Systems Administrator
Blackwell Sanders Peper Martin