From: Jerry Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 8:59 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: OWA setup problems

I know its naive of me to believe everything I have read that OWA on
exchange 2000 and iis 5.0 should just work. Well I have a test server
running just that with sp2 and all other updates as of yesterday. When I
use a web browser to goto \\servername\exchange or \\server_ip\exchange I
get a box to enter user name password and domain. At first I could enter
the name of a person with a mailbox on the server and just get Page cannot
be displayed. Now it does not seem to want to authenticate anyone. I enter
the password 3 times and then get not autherized. I have created several
test accounts with mailboxes and they are enabled for web. This is all on
the internal network. I am not crossing any routers or firewalls at all.
For that matter all computers are on the same hub. I should add that test
workstations logged on as various users can send e-mail back and forth via
outlook. So exchange seems to be working fine otherwise.
Any ideas?