-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mark Hanji
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 3:29 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: IS 70GB and growing....

Hi guys.

I have an exchange 5.5 on a strong machine. The IS is over 73GB (total of
500 users).
I am thinking whether it is the right move to split this box into two
servers.
The main problem is that I will loose SIS.......
On the other hand, I will have two smaller databases.

I am sure some of you had this scenario in the past. I would like to hear
your opinions.
In case it is important, the IS is going to be moved to EMC box in 3 months
(part of storage project).

I am mostly intersted hearing from happy users with such big IS (are
there?!)

Thanks!