If your in Native mode you could move the server in Site B to Site A. If
your in mixed you can not.

Mixed mode requires then rehoming PF and moving mailboxes using MS tools.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Albert Charron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 9:27 AM
Subject: Exchange server migration

Hi.  I need an advice on a server migration.

Here is my situation.

I actually have an exchange 2000 server in site B and all my users are in
site A.  I want to set up a new server with Exchange 2000 Server and move
exchange data from site B to site A.  After migration, I want to turn off
site B's server.

Data currently on site B's exchange server is mailboxes and public folder
(very large folders).  Currently, both sites aren't in the same
organisations.

My questions are:
- What are considerations I might thing about?
- What tools do you recommand me to use?
- Is there a procedure on how to do the migration?

Maybe another question on this.  What kind of hardware (CPU speed, memory,
Hard drive space, etc) my server must be?  I have about 20 users connecting
through a mapi client (Outlook 2000).  Our corporate databases are stored in
public folders and users use them a lot.