Subject: off we go
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:45:44 -0500

***The following line is put in to taunt people who don't use MUAs that
can't read MIME. Unfortunately it will sometimes show up regardless.

***Following is the part with the "plain text". A MIME-aware MUA that is not
displaying HTML for whatever reason will display just this section.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C28116.1A26A8C0

now is the time for all good men

--
be - MOS

Do not underestimate the power of the Force.

***And here is the HTML-encoded section of the message. A MIME-aware MUA
that displays HTML will present this.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C28116.1A26A8C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY><FONT face=Tahoma color=#800000 size=2>now is the time for all good
men</FONT><BR><BR>
<P><FONT size=2>--<BR>be - MOS<BR><BR><BR><BR>Do not underestimate the power
of
the Force.<BR></FONT></P>
</BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C28116.1A26A8C0--

--- end included message ---

So that's how Outlook does it, and on the whole it works out pretty well.
The only real problem is that some people, many of them 'way smarter than
either of us, use mailreaders that will display all of the above, or even
will display the HTML code without prettying it up. So those folks will get
a lot of garbage on their screens. The only saving grace is that by now they
are used to it.

If I were sending mail blasts I'd do them in plain text. But then again, I'd
make the message so persuasive that people would buy my goods or services
even _before_ they had opened the message. It would just be that good.

--
be - MOS

A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain.
                -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough For Love"