From: Leonard Lee [mailto:llee@;binaryinc.com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 8:53 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Server Recovery: Win2k / Exchange 5.5

Thank you.  Yes. I'm sleepy too :)

I was confusing the process with Full Server restore...
You are correct.  Install, create new site, etc...that's outlined in the
MS Exchange Disaster Recovery Part 1 article.

My excuse, it's been a while since I had to do a server restore.  How
long? It's been so long I even forgot how to install E5.5 from a Select CD
(ie. servermax.exe or servermin.exe, I'll bet some of you forgot that
too)...took me 10 minutes to remember that one.

Thanks,
Leonard Lee

> If we are going after mailboxes only, why not just install 5.5 to a member
> server on the existing network, create a new site and org with the same
> names as the existing Exch Server, restore an online backup of the info
> store only to that server, run the Consistency Adjuster, assign an user
> account to the mailbox in question and open it up from Outlook?

entity to whom it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the
distribution or copy of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify Veronis Suhler
Stevenson by telephone (212)935-4990, fax (212)381-8168, or email
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and delete the message.  Thank you.

The information contained in this email message is privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this message is