My vote goes with toast then..:-(. I know of no quick recovery if all those avenues
have been tried without success.

Sander

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Novák [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 18 December 2002 12:30
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: recover deleted mail items Exchange 5.5, deleted item retention=0

Hi,
I have an urgent question. One of our customers incidentally deleted some important
mails from deleted items folder. Deleted items retention is set to 0 for private
information store, so it cannot be recovered using this feature. There is no current
backup. I know, that mails still probably are somewhere in exchange database, but
marked as white space. Is there any way to get it back, or is it completely lost ?

If anyone is sure that it is possible or impossible, send me email as quickly as
possible ...

Thanks a lot

Honza Novak