When I have been confronted with this situation, I just do 2 separate
ExMerge's. I'll do one exmerge that does everything except the Sent
Items folder, rename the resulting pst, then do another exmerge that
does only the Sent Items folder. (This is of course assuming that the
entire mailbox minus the Sent Items folder gets you under 2 gig. If not,
pick another folder to exlude).

Then do an exmerge import using both of the pst's. You'll have to do one
import, rename the pst's, then do the other. Be sure to select the
"merge contents" option.

Jason