Michael -

Thank you very much for the assistance today.  I finally found the
problem:

I was looking in the SMTP logs in %windir%\system32\logfiles, not in
correct place of
C:\Program Files\Exchsrv\server.log directory.

Once looking in the correct log, I found the outgoing email.

This of course led to another issue in that the email was going to a
Contact, but it didn't go to the Primary SMTP address of that contact,
it went to a secondary address listed in the Addresses tab of the
Contacts properties.  The contact had two SMTP addresses set up.  The
email was sent to the one that was NOT set as the primary address (and
was NOT listed as the address in the general page of the Contacts
properties).

When I tried to delete the non-primary address, I received an error
message "This is the home e-mail address of the recipient.  It cannot be
removed."

I worked around this by deleting the entire contact, then creating two
contacts, one each with the SMTP address.

Anyone with idea why this happened?

Thanks!