I have a journalism degree with an English minor actually[1]. Thatıs why my
usage was spot on, even if the sentence itself was a bit of a run on.

http://www.wisc.edu/writing/Handbook/SubjectVerb.html#none

--- Begin Quoted Text ---
When words like "none" are the subject

Other words such as "none," "any," "all,"        "more," "most," and "some"
may take either        singular or plural verbs, depending on the context.

Some of the dollar was spent.

Some of the dollars were spent.

Note: here the prepositional phrase does affect the subject. It tells you
whether you are talking about a part of one thing (singular) or about a
number of things (plural).
--- End Quoted Text ---

"Them" refers to 3rd party products (plural).

[1] Iowa State University of Science and Technology [2]
[2] Go Clones.

On 2/5/03 6:03, "McCarthy, Eugene (AFIT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tut tut, Chris!
>
> none of them ARE... (!)
> none ARE... (!?)
>
> wasn't you taught english proper?