        From: Gonzalez, Alex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wed 26/03/2003 20:31
        To: Exchange Discussions
        Subject: Possible hardware issue?

        We have sort of a weird issue going on here and I am wondering if anyone
        else has seen this.  We have an EX2000 server that runs smooth for some
        users and poorly for others.  All the clients are different ranging from
        97-2002 so I have taken the client out of the picture.  We have changed
        NICs and the PCI slots on the motherboard and we are still getting the
        same issues.  I performed a ping to it from a workstation that is
        getting good response with 64k of data and I get clean responses at
        about 12ms.  When I perform the same ping from another workstation that
        is having difficulties I get a lot of time outs and when I do get
        switch that it goes to, and even plugged a laptop into the same switch
        and we are getting the same response.  The switch that it plugs into is
        the backbone switch directly.  If we move people to another exchange
        server everything works fine.  Has anyone ever seen something like this
        and if so what did you do?  There are also some master browser errors
        (event 8003) in the event log that talk about UDP but I haven't been
        able to make anything of them either.  Any help would be greatly
        appreciated.

        Alex