From: Johansson Patrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 3:20 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Sending Secure Mail over the Internet

Ok, maybe I've had a few too many beers but why in the world is everybody
suggesting TLS. It's a bother to set up and you have to do it with every
mail server you want to have secure communications with. Great, the
communications are secure but how about the actual e-mail? Correct me if I'm
wrong but the easiest way in this instance would be to just encrypt the
e-mail. Windows does provide CA and you can always get another certificate
from a known source. Another way to go is to use pgp or some offshoot of
that. I don't know but sometimes we (designers/administrators) get a little
over excited using technology we don't really have to use.
Well, just my 5 cents.

-Patrick