Actually, your EASIEST option if it was Ex5.5, would be to export them out
of Notes to a .csv file, massage the .csv file so that you have them all set
as Custom Recipients, then import them all to the GAL of the Exchange Server
via the "Tools / Directory Import..." function.  Whether the process is the
same in E2k, I can't say.

However, due to the fact that the admins for our Ex5.5 org won't let me add
22,000 CR to the GAL, I have to do this for the GAL that is exported as a
.csv from our parent company.

So far, the only solution I have found to do this is to use File / Import
and export... / Import from another program or file and then choose the CSV
(windows) option to import them to the contacts folder of the mailbox.  Once
you've done that, move all the contacts to the PF.  It's a PIA, but even
after asking this list a couple of times, I haven't found an easier way to
do it...Outlook doesn't allow you to import directly to a PF.

One thing that does help the process to go faster, is to empty the contacts
folder of the mailbox first and then use the option to allow it to create
duplicates.  Otherwise, it's going to compare every contact it imports
against what is already there.  As you get more and more contacts in the
folder, it's going to go slower.  If you tell it not to create duplicates,
once it does the comparison, it then has to move the old one to the Deleted
Items folder, which further slows down the process.