Like most ISPs, apparently this one wouldn't know an RFC if it bit them in
the ass. The relevant portion of RFC821 is included below. If the box in
question was not supposed to accept inbound mail, it should issue a 500
series error. Likewise, listing as an Mx record a server which is not
intended to receive mail is um... something only an ISP would think is a
good idea.

            4yz   Transient Negative Completion reply

               The command was not accepted and the requested action did
               not occur.  However, the error condition is temporary and
               the action may be requested again.  The sender should RFC 821
               return to the beginning of the command sequence (if any).
               It is difficult to assign a meaning to "transient" when
               two different sites (receiver- and sender- SMTPs) must
               agree on the interpretation.  Each reply in this category
               might have a different time value, but the sender-SMTP is
               encouraged to try again.  A rule of thumb to determine if
               a reply fits into the 4yz or the 5yz category (see below)
               is that replies are 4yz if they can be repeated without
               any change in command form or in properties of the sender
               or receiver.  (E.g., the command is repeated identically
               and the receiver does not put up a new implementation.)

            5yz   Permanent Negative Completion reply

               The command was not accepted and the requested action did
               not occur.  The sender-SMTP is discouraged from repeating
               the exact request (in the same sequence).  Even some
               "permanent" error conditions can be corrected, so the
               human user may want to direct the sender-SMTP to
               reinitiate the command sequence by direct action at some
               point in the future (e.g., after the spelling has been
               changed, or the user has altered the account status).