Not only are they breaking their email, they are doing it for naught. Spammers often
PREFER to use a target's second or third MX host. That way, their deluge doesn't have
to compete with every one else's traffic.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Moir [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 2:01 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Delivery to Alternate MX Records

The people you have spoken to are crack smoking maniacs, not an ISP support team. 4xx
is a temporary error. This is an invitation to try again later. This is what you have.

5.xx would be a fatal error; give up sending email bub it ain't going to happen. You'd
see this if they'd deleted the mail accounts, blocked you from sending, whatever.

To the best of my knowledge the only time that exchange or any other mail system
"should" look for the next MX record is if it fails to connect to the first one. Not
if it connects just fine and then gets told to try again later or sod off.