Gah!  Sorry about hijacking that thread...

OK, Migration to Exchange 2000 from 5.5 was a nightmare, but I managed
to get MOST of my users to transfer over.  Unfortunately, 15 of the 160
did not transfer inexplicably.  They now have no mailboxes.  Also, even
more unfortunately, a couple of them are people who had huge mailboxes
and lost a whole lot of data here.

I still have my backups from 5.5, but the question is, how the hell do I
get any of it back now?  The tape drive that was used for those backups
was on the same server that is now 2000, and is now in AD where it was
in an NT 4 domain before.

I tried installing 5.5 on another server and the 5.5 management tools on
the upgraded box.  Normally that means one can see the existing 5.5
servers and restore or backup data to them remotely.  However, the 5.5
management tools cannot see the other server that 5.5 is now installed
to.  It's in the old domain, whereas the new box is in the new AD
domain.  Is this the problem?  Should I install 5.5 somewhere in my AD
domain and try restoring there?  Is this a common problem with the 5.5
management tools that they can't go cross-domain to see 5.5 server?

I guess any kind of help here would be great since my 15 "lost" users
are having major panic attacks.

Thanks,

Matt