I have a 2000 AS with E2K with 4 Gig's of RAM... 2000 AS = 2000
Advanced Server... I believe that to be a reasonable assumption and in
this case the correct one.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ben Winzenz
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 3:04 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: 4 Gig's of RAM

Only applies if he is running Advanced Server.  The /3gb switch should
not be used on Standard server

Eric,

If you REALLY want to use all that memory, you REALLY need to be running
Advanced Server, not standard.  If you insist on running W2K Standard, I
would recommend removing at a minimum 2gb.  Microsoft recommends running
Advanced Server on any server that has more than 1gb of memory.  Reality
is that running up to 2gb should be ok.  I've got 1 server with 2gb (ISA
server) and my Exchange server has 1.5gb - both are running Standard
edition.  I would not go higher than 2gb, as the O/S will not be able to
take advantage of it.

Ben Winzenz
Network Engineer
Gardner & White