However, if you absolutely must persist with this bloody stupid way of doing
things, here's a reghack for the server that'll do what you need it to do.
It was originally pointed to me by the below Mr. Webb's lovely wife... :)

Oh, the text below says HKLM.  Put it in HKCU as well, same tree path.

QUOTE:

Just a tip I learned that I thought I would pass along to the rest of you on
how
to make the Blackberry work better if you use a spam filter or Outlook
rules. I
get about 200-250 spam emails per day so I use a spam filter ("I Hate Spam",
which does work well and I have no association with that company) and also
use
Outlook rules to move certain emails to various folders so, while my Outlook
Inbox was relatively clean, my Blackberry was getting very hard to use due
the shear number of messages on it. I personally found the filters in the
Desktop Manager were useless for me but the following registry hack allows
both
my spam filter and Outlook rules to do their job before the Blackberry
server
ever process anything, thereby resulting in a very manageable handheld.

I am using the Exchange Enterprise v2.1 server but I was told this reg hack
should work for all versions. I'm not sure how you'd do it on a desktop
redirector but there's probably a way.

Go to regedit and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research in
Motion\BlackBerry\Server
add a DWORD value called "ProcessMailDelay" (without the quotes)
The decimal value you set here will be the delay, in seconds, that the
server
waits before looking at a user's Inbox to begin routing to the handheld
Stop/Restart the Blackberry Server service

Hope this helps someone out there.

:ENDQUOTE

Gary

--
Gary K. Slinger
CP Ships - Global Manager, Windows Systems