From: Eric Fretz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:49 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Open Relay/Spamcop

I agree with Ben.  My Exchange 2000 box at my last company was setup to
allow realaying after sucessfuly authentication because I had POP3
clients
at other offices that had no other SMTP gateway.  Disabling the Guest
account and forcing the users to change passwords every 30 days kept our
risk at a minimum.  We got tagged as a relay once, but forcing user
password
changes on the spot fixed the problem.

Eric Fretz

L-3 Communications