When you go native, what are you going to need 5.5 OWA for?

Besides, you can dumb down 2000 OWA to make it feel like 5.5 OWA (that's
what Netscape browsers see when they connect to 2000 OWA)

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:50 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: OWA 5.5 - Active Directory

All,

We just finished migrating all of our Exchange 5.5 servers to Exchange
2000, and are still in mixed mode. I have my 3 original OWA 5.5 servers
online, pointing to an Active Directory servers for lookups. I also have
3 Exchange 2000 Front End servers online serving up OWA 2000. And to
clarify, I have a requirement to keep both versions of OWA running for
an extended period of time. The current configuration works quite well.
I would like to begin the steps of going to native mode. My question is
- when I flip the switch to native mode is there any chance that the 5.5
OWA functionality will break? I spoke with Microsoft regarding this and
the final conclusion was that they had no idea... I am in the process of
building up a native mode environment in the lab to test this, but
figured I would throw it out to the list in hopes that someone else has
already tried this....

TIA