Our current setup is as follows, SharePoint 2010, Lync 2010, Exchange 2010,
Office 2010. As it stands, we currently have online presence information
showing when logged in Lync users browse SharePoint sites and can see
online presence info. Outlook users see presence information. Everything is
working as expected in this setup.

We have started the pilot upgrade to Skype for Business 2016 and have run
into an issue with online presence on SharePoint. The only piece of this
that we've upgraded is the Lync portion, to Skype. We have stood up a
concurrent Skype for Business 2016 environment and begun the pilot program
of upgrading a few users to Skype 4 Business 2016 (fully patched).

Our Skype for Business users no longer see presence information in
SharePoint. Presence information is still available in Outlook. And
presence information is still being reported back for Skype for Business
2016 users (i.e. Lync 2010 users can see the presence information of Skype
4 Business users in SharePoint.) This is only affecting users who have
upgraded to Skype for Business 2106 and only on SharePoint. We have users
that have both Skype and Lync on their machines, as well as users that only
have Skype. There is no difference between the two.

I know that the presence info is dependant on the local client install. Has
anyone run into this issue or have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,
Erik

P.S. I'm cross posting this since there's no Lync/Skype group, and I assume
some people on these two lists would have Lync/Skype experience.